This information is current as of January 25 at 9 A.M.
Now that two vaccines for COVID-19 have been approved for distribution in the U.S., we are seeing an increase in the amount of phone calls and questions asking to be given the vaccine or put on a list. Please note the following:
- Who receives COVID vaccines, and when they will get them, is determined by the State of Wisconsin Vaccine Distribution Oversight Committee, which is part of the Wisconsin State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee.
- The first group chosen to receive vaccines (known as priority group Phase 1A) are healthcare workers and long term care facility residents and staff. These vaccinations have now begun and are being distributed across the state.
- Heart and Vascular Institute employees have started to receive their vaccinations as part of the Phase 1A distribution.
- The next priority group to receive vaccines in Wisconsin (Phase 1B) is expected to receive the vaccine around March 1st.
- Heart and Vascular Institute has applied to be a COVID vaccine distribution site. However, we have not heard from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services whether we will be selected.
- If selected, Heart and Vascular Institute will follow the guidelines of the CDC and the State of Wisconsin in determining who/when patients become eligible for a vaccine shot. However, until all Heart and Vascular Institute physicians and employees are immunized, we will not begin patient vaccination.
- If you’ve received the vaccine already, we are asking that you still wear a mask while inside the building.
- Patients should monitor our website, as well as this Facebook page, for current updates. Information will be posted there as it becomes available.
This entire vaccination process is a logistical challenge never before experienced in the United States and across the world. Information changes hourly and we are at the mercy of others at the State and federal levels to decide on vaccine availability and priority. We are doing everything we can to make sure we get vaccines as quickly as possible, or direct people to where they are available, and ask everyone to be patient.
COVID-19 Policies for Patients and Employees
To help do our part in limiting the spread of COVID-19, the Heart and Vascular Institute of Wisconsin has implemented several health and safety policies for both patients and our employees. These rules will go into effect immediately and will remain in place until further notice.
Signs will be posted at the entrance to our building to inform everyone of our new policies, and we’ll be updating this web page throughout the pandemic as any policies change. Below, we’ve outlined our policy both patients and employees:
Patients & Visitors
To help limit the spread of coronavirus, we ask that you do not enter the building if you answer YES to any of these questions:
Did you receive a positive COVID test within the past 10 days?
Did you recently get tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
Are you currently isolating or quarantining because you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, or worried you may be sick?
Within the past 10 days, have you been in close contact or (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes without wearing a mask) with a person known to have recently tested positive for COVID-19?
Have you had the onset of any of the following symptoms within the past 48 hours?
High fever or chills
Muscle or body aches
Loss of taste or smell
Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
*Note that this list is not all inclusive of possible COVID-19 symptoms.
If any of the above instances apply to you, please return to your car and contact us to reschedule your appointment. If you have any symptoms listed above that are severe and you’re worried about your health and safety, call 911 immediately or go to your local emergency room.
We’re also asking patients to follow several procedures once inside the building:
Only ONE adult guest is permitted with you
Maintain a safe 6-foot distance between you and others waiting in line in the lobby
Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times. We will provide a mask if needed.
Sanitize your hands before and after your office visit or test procedure
If you prefer to wait in your car, please provide us your cell phone number so we can alert you when your appointment is ready
Regarding visitors, we encourage patients to limit attending family members to one person per visit (age 18+).
For any non-patient visitors (i.e., vendors), please call or email us instead of making an on-site visit.
All employees at the Heart and Vascular Institute of Wisconsin have been updated on the latest CDC guidance on infection prevention measures for health care workers. Likewise, all employees are subject to the same restrictions from entering the building listed above, and have been instructed to stay home if not feeling well or displaying any symptoms of coronavirus. In addition, all Heart and Vascular Institute employees are required to wear a protective mask while working, and we have also added several protective plastic barriers at our front desk to help limit the spread of germs.
We’ve also dramatically increased the cleaning and disinfecting done in our testing and evaluation rooms, public spaces, and employee work areas to minimize any potential spreading of the virus.
Information about the virus is changing every day, and it’s important that you stay up-to-date. Use the links below if you have any additional questions:
Let’s all do our part to help limit spread!
ABOUT HEART AND VASCULAR INSTITUTE OF WISCONSIN
With roots in Appleton since 1968, the physicians and providers of the Heart and Vascular Institute of Wisconsin deliver compassionate care at six locations throughout eastern Wisconsin by using advanced and innovative technologies to provide patients with state-of-the-art treatments.